[Cob] Well it seemed like a good foundation...

Dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine tms at northcoast.com
Sat Jan 26 13:06:05 CST 2008

On Jan 26, 2008, at 7:32 AM, Peter Kaulback wrote:

Now I have been able to fill the new cave ins under my deck but I wonder
what I could do in the future to prevent or lessen the impact of such
natural occurrences?

Peter Kaulback

Peter--  Possibly dig a  deep footer wider than the cob oven to-be,
fill with gravel, lined the sides with cast off cinder blocks, bricks,
OR
fill with gravel and poured over with a lime slurry so it will harden
back to limestone over time forming a solid mass, thus providing a
"stablized pad" to build upon?

using time as your friend the low cost deep pad will provide a solid
base for your next oven or bench

Charmaine Taylor Publishing
Green Building DVDs & Books
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
Tel:  1-707-441-1632 PST   Eureka, Calif.